Wednesday, September 2, 2020

September 2.

September 2. In our marriage, Tom remembered the anniversaries. Tom always bought the most perfect cards for all the occasions.

September 2. Today, neither Tom nor I knew it was the day marking 25 years of marriage. Thank goodness Tom's sister sent us a congrats text. Seriously, we would not have even known if she had not.

September 2. I told Tom it was our anniversary. He said with a half grin "It is?" and I was like "Yes it is." We laughed with the sincerity of a couple who have been together 25 years.

September 2. Let's have a special dinner. There is a bottle of champagne in refrigerator. Me to Noah as I explain it is our 25th wedding anniversary "Can you go to TJ's and Whole Foods?"

September 2. Noah calls me three times while I am in the shower. Me to Noah "You decide which caviar. Two of the less expensive OR one of the higher end stuff." "Taper candles, you know that go in a candle stick." "Forget about the candles."

September 2. Happy 25th Anniversary! Noah says with a smile "The last 18 were the best years." What?? Noah explains with sheepish look "I am 18 years old." Groans from Tom and me.

September 2. Call Sam. He answers our FaceTime. Look at this Sam! Sam questions "What is Noah drinking?"

September 2. Best anniversary, truly. We so enjoyed our meal with Noah.

September 2. Tom reflects "25 years went really fast. We have had some really good times." Me to him "We had a really good time tonight and have more good times to come."

September 2. A couple hours after dinner ... Tom to me "I really love you. I do not know what I would do without you." 25 years today on September 2.

A toast with Happiness flutes- how appropriate. Our friend Jeanna gave these to us as a wedding present.

All our favorite fancy foods. Noah did all the shopping and made the bread crisps - so good!

Who knows how long that bottle has been in our fridge or where it came from? It did not matter. It was perfect.

Tom enjoyed The Pour. And the caviar is a super special treat! Tom loves caviar. He introduced me to it during our dating days.

We are ready to enjoy this fun meal that encourages tasting and talking and sharing.


THAT is an empty caviar bowl. Tom REALLY loves caviar and Noah helped a bit too :)

Thank you Cathy ... this was the exact right gift and message as we live with Altzheimer's. We would have missed September 2 without it.